Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dream On!

Aren't you as confused as I am about the weather? In the mornings it heats up like it's summer (and it still is)



















but in the afternoon rain starts pouring.
















I miss my Wakwak view, in my old spot at the office where I had been sitting for over four years. Now not only do I not have a view, I am the view! People see me on the way to the office of our president. Sometimes when my eyes grow tired and my brain gets worked up, I ease up by looking at the greens across our building, which is overlooking the exclusive Wakwak Village. I don't covet the big houses, I just stare at the peaceful sway of the trees. Then this would lead me to thoughts totally unrelated to work, until I am awakened from my reverie and face the computer screen again.


Today, I didn't have to look outside my window, as today's virtual world opens up the rest of the world. My good friend Yoy, who is married to a Dutch gentleman and is based in Singapore, popped up on my screen and transported me to Yogyakarta, to a place called Borobudur.

















"Both a shrine to Lord Buddha and a place for Buddhist pilgrimage, Borobudur comprises six square platforms topped by three circular platforms, and is decorated with 2,672 relief panels and 504 life-size Buddha statues, each sculpted from a single stone. The monument occupies a modest plateau and from the top gallery, beautiful views of Central Java are revealed.

Borobudur is best seen at dawn, when the air is fresh and full of birdsong. As the mist begins to lift, the sun scales the surrounding volcanoes and terraced fields, and highlights the stone reliefs and the many faces of Buddha. Glimpsing Borobudur for the first time is often a deeply felt emotional experience. Later in the day, visits can be made to appreciate the historic and cultural context of this enduring monument. Personal guides will bring to life the knowledge contained within the reliefs. Go by andong, the traditional horse cart used daily by villagers throughout the region.

Elephant safaris around Dagi Hill are available daily between 7am and 2.30pm, except on Fridays. These half-hour rides are very popular so be sure to book well in advance."
- from Amanjiwo website


Oh that is nice
, I tell her. Certainly better than Hongkong. This conversation happened when I asked her,"so where else in Asia can someone who's looking for a cheap airfare and hotel stay go?"

The travel bug certainly hit me. Especially when one is single and having fun, traveling with friends is certainly one of the ways to spend your time. I know that's what my friends and I do. But I don't think this will change once one is bitten by the travel bug. Yoy, for instance travels at least four times a year with her hubby. This weekend alone, while her husband is away in London for business, she and her baby Naya will be off to Phuket for a 6-day bonding time. Isn't that quaint?


Speaking of dreamy, the travel plans came out because I said I was thinking of going away for my birthday, but didn't know where to go. The truth is, I wanted to stop the clock from ticking as this year, I face being officially OLD. Hahaha. So I am engaging in a fantasy of sorts. I really really want a Europe trip- something like a Rome- France- London-Greece tour, but let me save up on that when I am really older, and can afford.

Today I find comfort in thinking of beautiful things.





(Yes, can somebody please bring MUJI and IKEA here in the Philippines)






Mae, I'm still waiting for a painting from you, when are you going to have your own exhibit?




I am still thinking if I am going to splurge on a mini notebook. Last year my PC money went to buying my brother his unit ( I know, I have no ate or older brother so I always end up buying for my siblings). Still thinking, but this one is really pretty.





How about something nice like this sitting at my sterile office desk.




I don't even have a fortune plant at my desk. Tsk tsk.



Hokay. Let me update this list some other break time. Back to the grind.

No comments: