Friday, May 15, 2009

The Manila- American Cemetery and Memorial

It was supposedly a weekend of jogging. At the Fort. It was C's idea, and believe me, I cherish my mornings, and don't get up early on weekends except if we are going out of town. However, I have been rescheduling our jogging session the same way C has given the excuse of not having running shoes, for months, and the amount of excuses seemed equal, so I relented.

However, she had this grand idea of enjoying the view while running, again at the Fort's Manila American Cemetery and Memorial which strictly prohibited running or walking pets. So this is how we ended up being solemn and reflective on a quiet Saturday morning. Try to visit this memorial, which is right at the heart of The Fort, near Essensa. Bring a good camera.




























unknown soldier




















Jew













medal of Honor





















Memorial








Of course I ended up looking at names of possible relatives.

No comments: