Thursday, May 03, 2007

Spatial

I finally get my own parking space at the office. Actually, they gave me a 3rd basement slot years ago which was only available 3 days a week. I didn't get it because i wanted the second basement slot and i got traumatized the first time i parked there when i scratched a paint off my boss' newly minted car. (I just learned how to drive then.) And when I tried to get the car off the 45 degree incline, my Honda City went down without reaching the top. It wasn't the car- it was my driving ability, or my guts. Oh wow. How time flies. That was 6 years ago, and I could have saved P28,000 on parking fees all those years.

So anyway I parked today and there was nothing to it- going down, or going up. It was not even challenging. Of course now it's funny that I'm driving the car that my boss used to own, and I said to myself then that wouldn't it be nice if I'll end up driving the HRV. Never mind that the HRV is 6 years old, but what are the chances that looking back, the thing I wanted has now become a reality? This brings me back to a line in the movie Under the Tuscan Sun, which is one of my favorite movies (even if it is only rated B by critics), where Senor Martini (Vincent Riotta), the Italian realtor/friend of Frances (Diane Lane's character) tells her at the scene near the end of the movie, " So you see..your dreams all came true...You wanted a family, you now have a family..You wanted a wedding, ..you have a wedding in your own garden now....". I paraphrase, but that's the gist. The movie's tagline:The Only Thing More Surprising Than The Chance She's Taking...Is Where It's Taking Her.

But then again, I don't feel like escaping to Tuscany, nor have grand illusions of my future. I'm taking it one day at a time. Sometimes, an hour at a time.

No comments: