Friday, May 04, 2007
Badminton class 2
My wrist and lower arm are still sore from just the forehand lessons taken from badminton class 1,and im back again today for a second serving. At P550 per class (court fee/personel trainer), it is expensive for me, but i said i want to make sports a priority this year so i do it anyway. The first lesson focused on the proper grip, form, and one on one practice on hitting the shuttlecocks across the net. For today's class, Godo makes me hit the cocks with more snap and follow-through. I began to see the difference between the hits with an outstretched arm,loose grip, snap and followthrough. If i were more relaxed, i could actually hear the snap coming out of, gasp, my racket and i wonder if it was partly due to my new Prince in Pink racket or my newfound proper form and technique. I figured its a combination of all. My problem is really my arm,most often its not stretched and too uptight. I learned to change it this session. Godo then begins to hit me with forehand and backhand throws, and i keep pausing after 20; i'm sweating from all over, including my singit and inner thighs,catching my breath and sipping water. I hit them all and Godo is pleased. I'm so looking forward to the next one., but i've to work on my endurance. ....i find interesting allies on badminton this week. A 50 year old bachelor who texts like a starstruck teenager with the me, u, grammar and spelling, telling me where to buy my stuff and get the best rates, a 23 yr old potential badminton buddy from the office, a colleague who asked me to help in a fundraising tournament for her friend's kidney tranplant,an ex, sister,brother and friends. Life goes on after all. Indeed.
Labels:
Sports/Exercise
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment