Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Razon's Halo halo




What a pleasant surprise! My sister has been bugging me for weeks on end, telling me I should, we should go to Razon's. " I want to go to Razon's. I want halo halo from Razon's."

So finally, we went there on Sunday, after my badminton with her at Racqueteers in Quezon City. It was a funny exercise. Ronnel, the caretaker of the place went to play with us, assessing our beginner skills, before letting us play amongst ourselves. At the middle of it all, I kept laughing at Eden. I don't know why but I see her and my knees would go weak, and my grip would soften, then I'd burst in staccato laughs. We were at it for an hour before heading home to pick up the kids - remember, they just want the journey, and are not particularly interested in the destination.

It was a production number to get the kids dressed and into the car, and we managed to drag Tito Wuwu and Mama with us. Razon's, as I say before I digressed, was a pleasant surprise. It was simplicity at its best. The shaved ice and the generous serving of creamy milk, plus the macapuno and the sweetened saging are the main ingredients, which did not lend itself colorful, but was a knockout in my list. I did not even complain that my halohalo was served ahead of the pancit luglug. It was that good. My summer is complete.

As if the gods heard me, it started raining today.

No comments: