Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Blog Links

Thank God for technology. I remember one of the things that I hate when my computer crashes (I've used 2 desktops and about 5 laptops, and experienced virus/worms, reformats, hard disk failures resulting to pc crashes at least 4 times) is I had to rebuild my bookmarks, and add favorites. Now, that fear is gone, gone, and every link is in one site. This is using netvibes. It's like reading the daily newspaper, I have business sites, from CNN, to CSNews, as well as a sprinkling of entertainment, reference and my favorite blog writers. These are some of my links that I'd like to share with you readers:


1. Seth's blog- Seth Godin (The Dip, Purple Cow, All Marketers Are Liars) is, for me, the best contemporary marketing guy. He is of course, multi-talented-writer, technorati, observer of people, a smart arse, but his views are very very practical.
2. Guy Kawasaki's How to Change the World blog is another interesting read. He is "the guy!"
3. Unusual Business Ideas That Work- what can i say, there are some unusual ideas here, which is good for innovation. It always triggers my mind. Consider these: UglyDolls.com, How to Make Millions Selling Unattractive Toys, How to Make Money Buying and Selling Ideas Online
4. Trend Hunter Magazine-I am gravitating towards making a living doing mystery shopping, selling ideas or identifying trends. What will you do with these trends? : "World's First Sexy Supermarket" , " Internet Addictions and Gaming Obsession Causing Deaths", "One in Eight Teleworkers are Nude", "Vintage Furniture for Stylish Children"???
5. CNN.com (just a glance at the titles restores my peace, that the world is business as usual)
6. CSNews.com (for the convenience store industry)
7. Presentation Zen -I'm always working with powerpoint, and I always want to improve. But even if you don't always use powerpoint, this is all about making your point across. The write-ups are interesting, what with titles like "Yoda vs Darth Vader". It's also here that I saw the World's Best Powerpoint Presentation. That one's really good!
5. Other interesting reads: Wired News, Google NEws, MadEconomist.com
6. The weather
7. My guilty pleasures-New York Times Book List, In Style for the latest fashion trends, Bryanboy.com (Don't judge me!), PinoyTravelBlog
8. My long blog list includes favorite writers Jessica Zafra, Jeanne Therese Andres, and some of my friend's blogspots and homepage. I asked Daya to have her nanay, Lualhati Bautista, have her own website so I can link to her site. I am a fan.

If you have some other links that you'd like to share with me, please post a comment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lualhati Bautista?! I'm gonna faint! I'm a fan as well. Then again, who isn't?!

Manila Girl! said...

You'll be pleased to know she has a new book coming out about autism..that will probably be turned into another movie.