Monday, May 08, 2006

Nesting

I'm bored. And I thought I'd quit Friendster. But I can't. Not yet anyway. While I'm bored I'll continue to regale you with stuff that may also...bore you. Ha-ha.
*****
So there we were on a Sunday morning, headed to Westgrove. Worth the road trip, with a special tour from the project manager himself, a friend of mine (I'm trying to play matchmaker for Myr). The houses were a sight to behold. With rolling hills, trees and expansive sky, the place reeked of millions. P5 million per cut of land, and oh, around P25M for this house. (It's not Meditteranean bossing, it's Japanese). My favorite is this white house, though. Isn't this one owned by the Pedrosa's? Sharon Cuneta's house sits on 4 cuts of land. The house is alive as play houses and toys surround the pool. Apparently she loves it there. A lot of doctors and Ayala Alabangers transferred there. Hmnn, not quite within the horizon for me, but like I said the trip was worthwhile.
****
Studio 34 is coming alive. The lighting became the inspiration for me. There is also a new trend, a replacement for window curtains, which is a railing system with curtain panel. Panels are cuts of textile, which can be interspersed in three, a sheer white layer, a deep color layer to diffuse the light, and a patterned layer to use as decorative piece or tie-back. In some cases, one set of design, and it still works.

Not to be overlooked, the sanctuary for reading. The banyo. A simple Narciso Rodriguez look would work just fine.
A nice comfy chair. Mix and match. Why Live Alone?
Because it feels good. Because it is my life and I like it that way. Because.
Even if I'd miss Tata's cooking, it is time to move on.
*****
I'm procrastinating. I have writing assignments on dog breeds. 50 cents per word, that'll fetch me around P2750 for one day. Due next week. I realized what they mean about being a struggling writer. It doesn't get done for the money, that's for sure.
****
Taipei travel stories when I come back.

No comments: