In 2 weeks I managed to do the following:
1. Went to Taipei on a business trip where I did 2 business presentations, submitted 1 late write-up to my angry editor, did a lot of firsts (tried the hot spring in Taiwan, ate the stinky tofu , had my name done in calligraphy, went to the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall, visited the gold-mining Chiufen north of Keelung , and tried Google Earth). In total, I think I only slept 4 hours per night.
2. Was over-all coordinator for my Lolo Doroy's memorial service, as well as event planner. I made the pre-arrangement to have Lolo's body received from the US, arranged the paperworks for the memorial plan, service and memorial garden, sent out the text messages to relatives, drove whenever I can, prepared the beautiful flowers and the priest, as well as the choir, and had a say on the food to be served. I realized how difficult it must have been for a small family, when grieving is done along with making the arrangements because there is no one to support you. Luckily, we have a huge and extended family, and having everyone's support at this difficult time is very important. Each one of us had to pitch in, and we do this without question because we are a family. I did the coordination, but everyone made it easy. We all did this in just 2 nights of wake- how could anyone do this for more than 3 days? We love our Lolo Doroy, he is our own version of a taipan, and I will forever remember his wonderful story. He made all of us into a huge family, that link made him seem like the Godfather. Come to think of it, Lolo gave me my name (from Armi Kuusela in '79).
3. Hassled with 3 agents and the office to have my car sold in 3 days, with all the papers clean and notarized, and have a second hand unit as a replacement (guess what unit- I'll grant a space to this blog to the lucky guess-ee)
4. Finalized the documents for my housing, attended the PAG-IBIG seminar, filed all the forms and completed the requirements for the unit's turnover. Did some shopping for IKEA stuff. Am more than ready to transfer.
5. Arranged for a get together cum despedida for my Lola , Cha, Kayla and Louie with my mama, papa and Uncle Ray, Anti Weng to share a beautiful Sunday at Sonya's Garden.
Sometimes even I surprise myself.
Not a good way to live a life though, my eye cream can no longer conceal the tiredness. Mukha pa ba akong 25?
Ha-ha. All these an excuse to post the new pics taken from Canon IXY. A 5-megapixel digital camera released as a domestic model in Japan. I'm thinking hard about buying one for my personal use.
No comments:
Post a Comment