
I love love love love British comedy. In fact, I'm loving everything British these days, at least over the US of A. After reading the Shopaholic Series, I found out I liked British over American humor. Erica then turned me on to Bergdorf Blondes and then I started reading Nick Hornby last December. At around the same time, I got my DVD copy of The Office with Richard Gervais, and last Saturday, I got my COLD FEET Season 1-3 DVD. Usually British humor is dry and not as in-your-face as American television. But what I like, no, love about the British comedy, in particular, with Cold Feet is that the cast of characters are more real. The story of Cold Feet, they say is the British version of Friends, is about 3 couples as they struggle with each of their relationships. It is quirky, brilliant, funny, i just love it. Apparently, so did the whole of UK audience and critics. I'm on my fourth fifth episode, and was surprised to learn that the pilot began in 1997, and the show ended in March 2003. And gasp, I get a taste of my own medicine, as I learn (by Googling) that Rachel dies!
But as I am still on the 4th disc, let me tell you that the characters here do not always look perfect, their teeth are not all lasered white or implanted, the women do not look perfect as they don't have the perfect hair, thin bodies, or the greatest set of clothes. Karen, Rachel and Jenny have real issues like insecurity, motherhood, job issues, wrinkles, as women really do. It is Adam whom I find really, wickedly funny. Growing up on Western TV programs, I suddenly found the American shows extremely different from Hollywood. Anyway, I am looking forward to watching the episodes to release my stress from work. Get a copy!
********
I'll let you in on a secret. I don't tell my mother, but I spend over P6000 on hair treatments a year. Last Sunday, I spent P8325 on my hair and my mother's, plus 150 on tips. But I saw the huge smile on my mother's face as she saw her really obstinate hair turn into a chic 'do. We love it. Cost of hair treatment:++P8,000. Benefit: Priceless. Ika nga ni Consuelo," May isang tao kang napaligaya" . Speaking of Consuelo, this girl made uso L'Oreal's digital curl. The cost: over P6000 on digital perm, thousands on associated maintenance costs for the perm lotion, 15-minute prep daily after shower. The benefit: Second look from strangers, whistles and songs being dedicated in the bars. Frances got the same results. Thanks to the ROMANTIC PERM.

No comments:
Post a Comment