In case you're wondering why there is a little backlog on my post, I've been writing my graduation piece for my writing class. It's an emotional journey, and intellectually taxing as well, requiring focus and concentration, especially when you are asked to write about your family, about each and every member of your family. There is a lot of material for one to write about their family, and writing a 2500 word article is a perfect inauguration in the religion of creativity.
It is a difficult class. I mean,you really have to exert effort to improve your writing, to write in the prescribed way, the creative way, using metaphors, dialogues, recurrences, images, wholeness and creative tensions. It is not a class where you just have to show up, and that's it, like my Docent Training Program, this one I've to write at night, review my drafts, rewrite if I have to, and I have to be satisfied with my output because I have to read it in class.
I sent in my final piece yesterday, short of 100 or so words, sending it in poetry format, yes, with all the metaphors I could muster. I winged it a bit, just writing whatever poured out of my clustering, and in my spontaneous writing. I'm not sure I can make it in a different tonality if I had to redo it, so I just used whatever came out of my writing (3 nights writing, 1 day editing), and edited it for grammar and style and am awaiting judgment.
So there, I'm drained. The stuff that came out is too personal to be posted in this blog, but some of you who know me know my story, and that's what I wrote there. The truths, as prescribed.
No comments:
Post a Comment