Meanwhile, L takes the stage as a photographer, and surprises Raymond of Sandwich, who is a long-time UP ORG buddy of his back in the days.
I ask Raymond: "Kilala mo ba talaga sya?"
Raymond: " Oo naman, barkada ko si L.."
me: "Talaga? Ang galing nyo ha, good luck, and thank you for being here!"
Later I ask L to regale me of his days with Raymond and Buddy of the famous E-heads, and his mountaineering days. Sometimes I throw him offbeat with followup questions like, "So tell me more about your first time at sunken garden.."
Ha-ha-ha.



*****
I was dragged by FSY, holding me by the hand, leading me backstage where Kevin Yu of Itchyworms is, along with his bandmates from Ateneo. Mr. Yu is a typical Chinese, he is strict, wise, practical but he is very much like a father to me. While he introduces his son Kevin to me, I see a rockstar, with big strong arms, with his posse and a cute chick, to boot. Although Kevin chose a different path from his father, he is quite successful -their band has more popular songs than the other featured bands, and they are Pepsi endorsers, but I can see he is still his father's son. Aside from the strikingly similar features, he is also nice and kind, if not more makulit. Eric and another of his classmate from the Ateneo tells me that James (their classmate, who is reporting to me) is "mabait, hindi nangongopya sa klase, hindi magulo, sobrang bait na pwedeng tumakbong presidente....ng pilipinas.." Oh well..boys will be boys.

I spent the rest of the night, entertaining guests, our Kingspoint boys and gals (psst Buboy did you really get the San Miguel Draft pitcher?), my friends from the industry, and receiving shots from whoever was offering. Winnie, you were so tipsy, chancing na si Rico. Ha-ha-ha!



No comments:
Post a Comment