
One of my favorite movies is Amelie; With Audrey Tatou's doe eyes, baby China haircut, a Parisian setting and its dry, wry humour, it is enough reason for me to want to watch this over and over again. I don't know why flawed European characters appeal to me but they do. At this time of the year, as I am about to finish wrapping and buying gifts for my numerous inaanak, cousins, family and friends, I truly miss my nephew Miguel and my little Amelie, Ysa. They would have loved Christmas here in Manila. I would have taken them to Apolinario Street, in the brightly kit and well-decorated shopping malls and Tito L would have taken wonderful photos of them, which I would blow up and have 'em framed.
Now Ysa is able to communicate fluently. She is polite even to insects, whom she would advise, " Excuse me bumblebee, I am watching TV. Go fly!" , and demands the same level of courtesy I and her mother do, shouting, "Quiet!!" or "Lights out!" when she wants to go to sleep and there is noise or light around her. I think these traits are genetic. Tsk Tsk.
Miguel has started schooling and apparently, is now able to draw. This is his rendition of a family picture. He has captured Ysa's hair, and his spiky do is there, too. Ahhh. They're so cute it gives me a tingly sensation and my heart does a little dance.
No comments:
Post a Comment