Someone texted me today ," I don't see anything wrong if two old friends meet over coffee do you?"
Except it was spelled shortcut:friends becoming frens, meet is mit, see is c.
" Ah, dats y. u r currently comited n torn. Wel, i dont c anything wrong f 2 old frens mit over cofi..do u?"
I think I may be old school but my generation, my friends simply refuse to sacrifice spelling over convenience. Although it may actually be not that convenient. Try deciphering the letters that seem to resemble a word, try and find out what it actually means. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I have to ask.
Friend: "Libre q. Let's play then libre q."
Me: What does this mean? Libre ko, or libre ka? So I ask, "What do you mean I'll treat you or you'll treat me?"
Friend:"Libre q na nga. Kasi birthday mo..."
Me: " So I'll treat you?"
Friend: " No, libre q, kasi nga birthday mo."
Me: "Ahhh..libre mo!"
Friend: "Oo, libre q."
There is a voice inside me that tells me,"You can not go out with someone who texts like that."
1 comment:
BRAVO!!!
Post a Comment