
What's wrong with this picture? Azure skies, calm seas, perfect moment. But wait, to me the perfect beach moment would be if I could have that shot in a 2-piece swimsuit. Just one shot. Ok, maybe if I had the body, one shot would not be enough. Clearly, if I had the body, I wouldn't mind posing with Diet and worrying if my arms are indeed bigger than his.

Alas, after diet pills, Oprah's Make that Connection book, and at least 2 gymn memberships (I always commit to the gym but never last for more than one month), I am almost resigned to the idea that I'll never wear that maillot swimsuit, or again wear dresses. The operative word there is almost. According to gurus, the only real way to lose weight is to exercise and eat a balanced diet. The only problem with diet is that as one gets older, the metabolism slows down, and you can't eat as much as you used to, otherwise, food all go to their favorite places- love handles and all. So, the secret must be in the exercise. I have a problem with exercise, I can't do it without a gym buddy. It's late if after work, and too early if in the morning. These are my current excuses, but I know I have to face that if I really want to lose weight. Without doing anything at the age of 26, I can still lose weight. Without doing anything at 30, I gain weight. Heck, I gain weight just thinking of food. Half a cup of rice, and fish and vegetables for lunch, and I gain weight. I know i also have to give up chocolates, at least lower the intake (now it's only when my cravings come, right before menstruation), but boy, what a discipline this is going to require. I've never had any problem being on time since elementary, being disciplined by the nuns in high school (daily and every weekend choir practice), studying at Eng'g throughout college, working my ass off at work, but still, my boyfriend thinks I'm lazy. I lay like a vegetable at home on weekends. I feel more relaxed at home on weekends, play with the kids, watch DVD, sleep, have the afternoons and night for socializing. I lack exercise. Maybe I should get a dog. (I should be taking care of Louie's beagle if only we had a space for Cranberry's cage..) I'm thinking of enrolling for a badminton class. That is going to be my birthday action plan-take up sports. And believe me, it 's going to take a lot of work. Will keep you posted. But if anybody asks what my wish is (it's to go to Singapore), but that's another blog..
No comments:
Post a Comment