Sunday, November 13, 2005

Shoes

I find myself drawn to shoes lately. Is it a coming of age thing? A woman thing? Flats, mules, sandals, wedgies, strappy, slingbacks. Pink, blue, checkered black and white, peach, white, black, mocha. Putting these words together is a cacophony but sounds like harmony to me. Carefully flanking them next to each other is done like a ritual. I have three pairs under my desk (don't ask me why), driving and cross-trainers in the car, and some at home. It is not a lot, but i treat them with predilection, you can almost see me whisper "My precioussss...."
I guess as a woman matures and tries to explore her personality and along with it her sexuality, shoes become a form of self-expression. I feel pretty today, I'm a strappy sandal. My hair is a mess, my cold's making me teary-eyed, how about a pointy heel that will scare bad vibes away? Casual is never just casual anymore as one has to look carefully put without looking overly made up.
If they say you can tell a man by their watch and shoes, you can most certainly tell a woman's personality by the shoes she wears.

No comments: