L: Hmnn.. (thinks or was he just spaced out? I was thinking he was thinking this would mean more expenses, and after our Laoag and KL trips he was probably computing our overhead and finally decides)..Nope.
A: Why? (I was thinking it would be great to catch the group and sing their songs. After all, they were the band of the 90s. I mean, on hindsight, they were much much cooler than Side A)
L: Di ko lang feel.
I wanted to ask if it was because everyone was going to be there, or like me, he wants a lazier weekend, after 2 hectic ones. I didn't press on. Instead, he drove me from Boni to Makati to Century Park to Don Antonio Sports Center, where we later on played badminton for 2 hours non-stop, after which we went to a birthday party where Shooters Mobile Bar was serving out shot glass after shot glass of cocktails, and L was devouring lechon.
Later that night I asked him to tell me more stories about the E-heads. (I am so dyologs.) It just didn't occur to me that he would be friends with Raymond and Buddy who used to stay in his room and drink til they would black out. L was telling me it was so bad that his father was talking to him, and he was staring back, pretending to listen, but all he could see with his eyes open were stars, and pitch darkness. L would later be thanked by the E-heads in one of their cover albums. But no, Ely, would have a different crowd. Later on, when I came face to face with Buddy and Raymond, I would sheepishly ask for their pictures and ask if they were really friends with L. Of course they were, they tell me, and they would catch up, leaving me like a gawking fan. When I asked about Ely and why the band split up, they both said, " Alam mo naman si Ely eh..".

Years passed, and now the one night concert reuniting the band is the talk of the town. I heard a rumor that they were paid P10 Million each to appear at this event. Even though the band only got to play 14 songs, those who were there got to relive the 90s. They got to sing these songs:1. Alapaap 2. Ligaya 3. Sembreak 4. Hey Jay 5. Harana 6. Fruitcake 7. Toyang 8. Kama Supra 9. Kailan 10. Wag Kang Matakot 11. Kaliwete 12. With A Smile 13. Shake Yer Head 14. Huwag Mo Nang Itanong Sa Akin.
I wonder if L thought about the good old days and how far each one of them got to realize their dreams. Later I think I'm going to ask L why he didn't want to attend the gig.
No comments:
Post a Comment