
Last Monday I got a call from GMA 7, inquiring about our famous Stuffed Pandesal. The following day, we agreed to doing a segment with them for Jessica Soho's show entitled Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho. The TV show is in a news-magazine format that features insightful stories that cover a wide range of topics. It also focuses on themes with human interest and socio-cultural relevance. Peabody-awardee Jessica Soho hosts Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (One in Heart), and the show airs on primetime every Saturday. This Saturday’s episode is about breads, entitled “Pandesal”.
According to their letter, “Part of the story aims to show your famous stuffed pandesal. We are asking your good office to allow us to feature your stuffed pandesal and be able to share to our dear viewers somehow the process or some basic demo you could provide to us. Be able to present your different varieties of pandesal, as well as to discuss to us how this concept comes (sic) up.”
How does one tell the world it was my idea? Not entirely original of course, because we Filipinos have been eating pandesal with palaman since time immemorial, sometimes with meat, sometimes with pansit. But it was OUR stuffed pandesal idea that worked. We deliver daily to 300 stores and we have sold over 10 million pieces of pandesal since 2003. However, I was more concerned NOT to look like siopao, and so I called on Bong to do my hair and make-up, so I'll look more natural on cam. Duh.


My sister from KSA tells me I don't have to worry since I would look much thinner beside Jessica Soho. As much as I'd like an autograph, she wasn't there, my dear sis; we were just accompanied by a production staff, segment producer and 2 cameramen.
Thanks to Chef Maricel of Purefoods for accompanying us in this program.
Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho airs every Saturday on primetime, 8:30 PM. The pandesal episode airs this Saturday, April 26.
No comments:
Post a Comment