Monday, April 14, 2008

Dampa sa Blue Wave

It was early Sunday morning when I felt like going to Dampa, where Sony has been going with his family for lunch,and raving about it. Earlier, we left QC at past 2 AM, celebrating Chichi's 22nd birthday, where everyone was either playing poker, toing-its, in -between, or Boggle/Scrimmage while drinking and eating. We were also celebrating our first badminton tournament try- it was a good try, for Buboy and Cha, Mike and me.

Meanwhile, L, I knew, was going to massacre me at Boggle, and he did. He wiped everyone out while my boys and I try to outnumber him, we were completely outsmarted by L. What I nerd, I keep shouting, while Macoy and Mike try to pit the Montessori-schooled vs L from Notre Dame. Meanwhile, Red was beside me,and he kept trying, even if he kept messing up the rules. Haha- no jumping!

Macoy: Ano ba ang red?
A/L/Mike: Pula!
Macoy: Oo nga noh!
April from Montessori (after several doses of tequila): May word ba na huh?
A/L/Mike/Macoy: Huh???!!






















Anyway, I texted Mama and bunso that we were going to Dampa for lunch. Papa couldn't go and I knew it was because of "the horses",as Miguel would say, but we had an interesting time. The wet market was segmented into different areas, thus, salmon, tuna and blue marlin in one area, all the prawns near the entrance, and at the far end, what I came there for- the crabs. When we neared the area, we heard all the ladies chatter up, calling out to us to buy the crab from their stall. It was funny because it felt like all the crabs were talking to me all at the same time. Mama and I settled for 2 big crabs, which cost P450 a kilo.




















We had buttered prawns and tempura prawns for bunso, inihaw na pusit for Papa (take-home), grilled blue marlin for L, and chili garlic and steamed crab for me and Mama. Yummy!

No comments: