Monday, April 14, 2008

Now, A Badminton Addict

Did I mention that I joined my first badminton tournament last Saturday, which was organized by my good friend Divine and her Don Antonio Sports Center badminton group?
Here are some pictures from that exhilarating event. My partner and bord Mike keeps saying we're screwed because we were leveled D, when I am basically a beginner, and Mike's Drop Zone group at Power and Speed in QC's best mixed doubles partner is also classified as level D.

We didn't stand a chance, but yey, Grace and Jett won the level D mixed doubles finals. I looked at our pictures and saw Mike's stance and that of Grace, and figured I need to move more, across the court and learn how to rotate better.


Next time I'm joining a tournament, I'd try a ladies doubles. But it was FUN anyway, in spite the nervousness, the jitters, and the almost nauseous feeling just before the competition. I couldn't eat, and all I had was a Dole Cavendish banana, Powerade and water. By the second game, sweat was pouring off my face and my knees were weaker, but I stood fighting. What a game!










Thanks, DEP!
I'll see you in court! (the badminton court, not your court, of course).

No comments: