I get two text messages, and another YM from my friends (of course, as they are mostly the ones reading me) asking, or rather pointing out that I have not been writing. What have I been up to?
Good question.
It's crunchtime again at work, with 2 turnovers and a plethora of issues to deal with. I thought it was actually a good thing for me not to think too much and to focus on how to regain stability. I am challenged, but I intend to win. It will take time, but how does one eat an elephant? One piece at a time.
I have settled into a weekend activity that satisfies me. Lazy Saturday sleepover, off to Salcedo market for lunch, 2 hours of badminton on Saturdays followed by bonding sessions with friends about the mundane, and another set of a 2-hour game on Sundays. I wake up to the chirping of the birds, walk the dog, hear mass. I have siesta and merienda. I eat star apple plucked from the backyard, and have buco juice from the coconut tree at the front yard. It all sounds rural; maybe that's why I like it.
I pray for hope and I hope for many things.
Mostly I hope for him.
Last night was another step in the growth process. It was an unplanned occasion for us to see his room mate and girl friend, who became a couple in SG, and were vacationing here to fix something. We steered the car as they did a U-turn so we can catch up, after six months. I prodded him to see them. I knew he wanted to, but was thinking of me tired and aching after the badminton game.
We saw them, and it was just like the old times. Except for that thing they were fixing. She then happily flashed her engagement ring, and although I felt a tug at my heart, I was sincerely happy for them. They were telling us the details of their December 26 wedding, while he, ever sogently steering the conversation to their common friends back in SG. There were many developments, and they too, were happy for him, even proud of him.
Indeed, it was just like the old, fun times, except we could no longer turn back the clock. Regrets were left there unsaid as we sip our beer, as well as sincere joy for the couple, and hope for the future. I realize at that moment how hard it is to sometimes accept the realities, but so I must, in order to move forward.
I slept quietly, peacefully that night.
1 comment:
aaaah. :) i missed this readings for a long time Ms. A :)
Can't wait for the next entries.
Hope you're doing great po. I miss you!
-Puto
Post a Comment