Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Dialogue and A Confession

Valentines 2008

BFF: Hello,Saan date mo mamya?
A:Dapat ikaw kadate ko ayaw mo naman lumabas
BFF:Ha? Wala ka date? Asan --- mo?
A: Nagkita kami last night, but we might see each other again
BFF: Buti ka pa. Ako dinner date with my daughters (referring to 2 pet rabbits)
A: Hahhaa,you're making me laugh
BFF: We're having salad. Like they do everyday. Kangkong!
A: Hahahahahahaaha. Stop it na!

Bored out of our wits one day, our conversation went on like a TV show Q & A.
Pre-Birthday Blues

A: Lapit na bday mo mwah mwah mwah
BFF: Magb-bday na namang loveless
A: Sus. Think of it this way, nothing lost. Joke. Hehehe. E kasi ang pili!
BFF: Wala na nga eh. ni options nga wala eh. pano naman naging mapili nyan
A: so how does one see light in this situation? naku parang nung monday i attended a wedding of a HS classmate, syempre sila meron na mga 6 yr old kids, yung isa mother of 3 na
BFF: yun nga eh.... pero you know what.....right now, hindi ko hinahanap. now, subconsciously, i appreciate things that i have, things that are there. instead of griping over things that i dont have
A: thats good!
BFF: hindi ako nagpapaka-miss-universe Q&A ha. pero thats really my state of mind/heart
A: hahaha. eto nga binubuo ko pa lang sa isip ko pano ko gawin ang Q & A natin. Ano kaya title: Burning Questions
BFF: burning tlaga ha... ano na lang... Yosi break with ...
A: e di ako nagyoyosi
BFF: Yan na lang title ng column mo
A: e di nga ako nagyoyosi
BFF: eh ano gusto mo?
A: di ko pa alam , wala pa masyado inspiration. What do you do when you chill?
Why did you come back to the Philippines? what do you do for fun?
BFF: ayaw.
A: hahaha. conservative na naman nito!
BFF: i have nothing interesting to share
A: Name 3 people alive or dead whom youd like to meet
BFF: i want to meet my dead lolo and lola and know their story
A: first generation (Chinese immigrant) ba yan here?
BFF: yes
A: o nga interesting
BFF: sino pa ba... hmmm
BFF: i want to meet piolo and get him to open up to me. hahaha
A: oo nga. and ask that question!!! (bading ka ba?) pero ang lamya ng mata nya, you will melt in his gaze
BFF: i want to have a 1-on-1 with bayani fernando. I hate how inefficient MMDA is
A: hahaha
BFF: do you really want to? out of all the people in the world?
BFF: i absolutely hate how traffic remains a problem after all these dacades!I passionately hate those Ninja turtles. Wala ako desire to meet world leaders, or celebrities
A: o sige sino crush mo recently , celebrity
BFF: Jon Avila. super! strong quiet type
A: Sino sya?
BFF: nyaark! ano k b! di mo kilala si Jon Avila!yung PBB celebrity housemate na half-brit
A: i dont watch local tv stations, sorry
BFF: gusto ko ma-meet bayani because i know he's sincere
A: So you think there's hope still (for the country)...
A: whats your favorite dish to cook?
BFF: my bolognese, because i always get it right. but lately i like cooking chinese herbal soup. pork shoulder ribs herbal soup. sarap!i wish to be able to cook the best adobo but i've long given up on that dish
A: whats on your ipod?
BFF: i dont have ipod!just a few mp3's on my phone, latest addition is Seal's Love Divine
A: i kinda figured that out. why no ipod??? tell me
BFF:no ipod because i dont want to block off "natural sound" i dont want to shut myself from the world, in a way. I listen to music when i drive, I have my car stereo for that . When I jog around the park, I want to be able to hear the children playing, the yaya's chit-chatting, etc.
A: ahhhhh....nice.. but when you gym?
BFF: May sounds naman sa gym
BFF: ikaw, sino gusto mo ma-meet?
A: ako si jk rowling.. si joan didion at si anna wintour. hahaha puro girls.
A: What do you think about when your plane lifts off the ground?
BFF: A few times 2 thoughts crossed my mind... na sana i always have a partner when i travel.... and sana pure holiday naman ang travel ko (when it's a project assignment).
A: oo nga...
BFF: i also want to meet the pope. I want to challenge his views on homosexuality
A: oo nga that would be interesting.your theory abt exposing the young too soon..pwede eh tama ka
BFF: Yesterday, while jogging, I thought about eternity...and I thought it's so boring. eternity is boring! Almost meaningless
A: what do you look forward to these days?
BFF:these days? hmmm yung makita yung effect ng fat burner that i'm taking. hahahahha
A: ayus. ako gusto ko itry RF na parang lipodissolve. non invasive hahaha
A: do you believe we are not alone?
BFF: alien you mean?
A: yes
BFF: the alien question. maybe. i dont care. but jodie foster said something.. the universe is a huge. if it's just us, it's an awful waste of space


***

I have a confession to make.


I love Gossip Girl. I love Blake Lively, this California girl whose sunshiny smile and easygoing, affable demeanor transcends television. I love the fashion, the storyline, the over the top lifestyle of the rich in New York. I like the way they infused technology into this storyline which talks about blogging (Gossip Girl), cell phones with cameras so one can easily capture moments and sent via MMS or posted onto a website community. It is not a unique story because ultimately, it is all about family and friendship, but what sets it apart from the others is this fresh approach of combining this century's greatest inventions and letting us have a peek at the lives of the richest teenagers in the world.

I know, I'm not 17, but I gush like one.

1 comment:

Free Spirit said...

i could picture you two having those dialogues. so cartoonish!
i'll see you soon.