
It is my nth time to visit Taipei, and although this is not even in the 1000 List of Places to See Before You Die, I have grown to love it like learning to love sushi and miso soup, or in this case, learning to love ...stinky tofu.

This time, BFF Cie will be accompanying me, her first time to Taipei, and I kind of feel giddy about the trip, wanting her to love it, because I do, I really do. And when I think of Taiwan I think of
the night market (where I get my shoes),
Guang Hwa electronics (I wonder if they already have a 1 Terabyte external hard drive, and if I can already afford the digital photo frame),
Ikea
...
and the food.
Let me tell you about the food.
Oyster noodles,they are so good people line up to get them in the middle of the afternoon and eat them standing up.


Din Tai Foo's shao long pao (handmade soup siomai), oh these are the best, especially after a long day of walking and touring!
Pearl milk tea, I am not a milk tea drinker but this I appreciate!

the best beef noodles. I've tasted Japan's, Malaysia's, Hongkong's. Taiwan is up there on my list.

and so on!
But my appetite has a limit. For example I don't find these delectable at all. And the smell, oh the smell is so pungent you fear you'd take it home with you.

We have an itinerary but I keep getting distracted by lists popping right out of my head:
-how about getting a real chinese wok? (my gash, this won't do with my econo-light ticket limiting my luggage to 15 kgs)
-I am definitely hitting Giordano ladies (they have the latest selection without the overpricing in Rockwell)
-how about a tea set as a souvenir? I always bring my parents tea from Taiwan.
-I think I know what to get as Christmas gifts for the girls- how about cocktail rings huh?
-I wonder if I can get original Mizuno badminton shoes in Wen Lin Road? If the prices are good I will buy and sell to my badmin Sunday group. Oh drat. I have a 15 kgs limit. LOL!
2 comments:
i'm thrilled to my toes with this trip! my 6th new country to visit this year :) and finally going overseas again with you. the last time was in japan in 2000.
Hi Ms. A! Enjoy Taiwan!!! Aww I'm inggit! I miss Taiwan soooo much. Such a beautiful, beautiful place! And the food is just delicious :) :) Take care!
- Puto
Post a Comment