Tuesday, March 24, 2009

You Changed My Life







One fine Saturday, my friends and I drove up to Tagaytay. C and R were riding with S, who brought along Simon, his beloved beagle. Although I was rushed to the emergency room the previous night for a serious bout of diarrhea ( a crab and asparagus sandwich is the culprit), and I was clad in pajamas, I still insisted on going since we have been planning this trip for 3 weeks. The guys wanted to relax, wanted to play poker, and wanted to see Simon. I was praying the whole drive that my system stabilizes, and by the time we were at Josephine's, I felt better. It must be the greenery surrounding me: the lush green foliage, the sight of my friends out in the open air on a lazy Saturday morning. The air, the fresh air, amidst the sunny morning.

We lunched in the outdoors, under several white tents, with a Filipino buffet spread, the highlight of which is the grilled meat and fish, and decent dessert choices. I had no interest in food at that time, but I was able to eat a little. Later on, I had halohalo, and by the end of a relaxing 2-hour lunch, my stomach was less weary, and I was calmer.

We were gazing at how happy the temperament of a beagle is. S tells us how his world changed when he decided to get a dog. I remember he was very particular about his condo unit, and is a stickler in the furniture and fixtures that he puts in. All these were thrown out the window once Simon entered his life. He is like a doting and proud parent. I told him I envy him, and that I wanted to have a baby too. Now na.

His reply, " In God's time, mare."

No comments: