We booked a Holy Week trip to Cebu. The last time I was there was in 1998, traveled via SuperFerry with another group of friends. It was the longest trip ever, a good 22 hours at sea! By the time we got to Cebu the whole town was inactive, as the city is religious and as it was a time for prayer and reflection, most establishments were closed. Glenn and Jake, who had some friends there took us around, but with little success except for the overlooking view of the city. I also remember clubbing and there was this girl who had huge lips that seemed to be glowing in the dark. As the lights bounce off her face, I picture a goldfish closing and opening its mouth under the sea. I also remember visiting a parent whose child died in the Ozone tragedy of 1990s. This parent was a close family friend of Glenn and I could not see the light in the parent's eyes, there was grief, and they were still mourning, despite the fact that it has been a year, and they were recounting stories of their child's adventurous and youthful vigor. On our last day, Glenn's ninong invited us to his golf clubhouse, which sort of saved the trip, but not really.
Since then I never got excited over a trip to Cebu.
I decided to give it another try ten years after. Let's see, shall we?
No comments:
Post a Comment