Monday, July 28, 2008

Bah Kuh Teh and other Hardcore Food Choices












It was about an hour drive to get to our destination. Along the way, we were supposed to have breakfast. I already did, back at the hotel, which was a disappointment. I should have saved some room for this one, knowing that this is where the locals love to eat. Our host asked if we wanted dry or wet noodle, and what toppings. I settled for a wet wanton noodle, it looked like it was going to rain and soup would be good. Our Chinese host was hardcore in his choice, mushrooms and chicken feet.

The previous day we had Hainanese White Chicken in the city, and of course, this is a must try when in Malaysia.




For lunch we had Bah Kuh Teh, a pork stew similar to our pata, but cooked with more vinegar and some other Chinese spices. Jim loves Bah Kuh Teh, and always orders this when he is in Malaysia.

No comments: