Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Whopee!

You know what keeps me giggling these days?
The tiny kicks I feel in my tummy.
I try to imagine the little boy (or girl) growing inside of me and it's making me feel warm all over.
During our last ultrasound, we were hoping to find out whether our little buddy guess is correct or not, but the baby just wouldn't confirm it. I had to cough, to walk for 30 minutes, but the doctor wasn't sure, and asked us to come back next week. While the baby was being checked (the length of the head, feet, hands, the condition of the liver, pancreas, aorta being checked for congenital abnormalities) we saw his little arm in fist raising up to touch my tummy and I felt it. Now I can associate what that little kick means inside of me. At this stage of pregnancy, there is enough room for our baby to turn his whole body around, and kick his way through. It was both surprising and giddy to feel and see it at the same time!

***



On my 6th month, L and I attended our first childbirth class. You know me, I like taking short classes and I felt that to assuage my fears on child birth, especially the fear of pain, I had to learn more. We are taking Rome Kanapi's childbirth classes on Saturdays at Sanctuario de San Antonio in Forbes Park and the only challenge we have so far is waking up early on Saturdays. Tee-hee =).


***

So enough about pregnancy. I am also daydreaming (would you call it that even if I do it only at night?) about our home renovation project. The cost is substantial- enough to commit to long-term benefits, but I really want to do it. One, in preparation for our baby, second, so I can expand our kitchen and enjoy the cooking more. I am liking it more and more, and would love to expand my knowledge there (cooking class next). The operative word being I really want to do it. Of course, I had to ask the hubby, and so far he's been supportive, as I know we will both need his practical side, and I will need to listen. Do we do the flooring, along with the stainless top kitchen? Where do we buy our dining table? What do we delay? What do we need vs what we want? He is so good at explaining being practicality, I promised to listen.

Tee-he he.



***

Lastly, as part of being mature and responsible parents, it's never too late to fix our insurance/investments/joint savings account. All of these we accomplished right on my timeline. Because the last trimester will be about home renovation, preparation for the coming of the baby, and child birth plans.

OC girls, raise your hands!

Ha-ha-ha!



You know you love me,

xoxo

No comments: