Thursday, June 01, 2006

Car Trouble on a Thursday

So there I was, up at 6:30 AM, and my gas is running on empty. I had a Manila tour yesterday afternoon, and I was driving from Dapitan to Morayta, Quiapo, Intramuros, Binondo, Legarda, Sta. Mesa and finally to Shaw. Don't ask me why I chose to do this on my own and why yesterday. I got lost, that's why, but I knew I'd find my way back somehow. Aside from the traffic and the tired leg muscles, I actually enjoyed my joy ride. I am a Manila girl,and I have been to these places many times as a child, but on my own, navigating, never. I know, guys will get their affirmation that women are lousy at driving and at directions. But I digress..
One hurdle done before 8 AM, I was able to bring the car to Caltex before it died on me. While on my way to the office, at the bridge going to Greenhills, the car died. Oh my, the car battery died, but the radio was still on, 2 DJs yakking their way onto the morning. So what do I do? I had it on neutral so I was breezing away at 80km/hr, with the momentum from the descent. I still had difficulty with the rear and front window controllers and when the battery died, I accidentally snagged the stick and lo and behold, water sprayed out and both rear and front window panels were being wiped. I let the HRV lose its speed then promptly turned on my hazard sign because I was going to come to a stop. Looked at the mirror and saw cars turning to my right so they can pass by. I started the car and then it ran. But it died again near Caltex Wilson, and then again near our building in Columbia. I noticed that the temperature indicator was at H when the battery died. Must be the water in the radiator.
That's my Thursday, so far...

No comments: